Tuesday 18 September 2007

It's great to be alive!

Thank God I am alive today! I am truly grateful to be alive, to be able to breathe, to enjoy loving relationships with family and friends, secure in the knowledge that God has a marvellous plan for my life today! There have been days, many days, when I did not want to get out of bed. Nothing to look forward to. Same old routine, day after day. But I do not want to live like that any more! I will start by being grateful that I am alive, healthy and able-bodied, capable to accomplishing something for God each day - small things maybe, but I want to do them with all my heart so that there is meaning in life today and everyday.

The first thing I did differently today is to start a blog of my own. Heh!!! I am blogging now, to the disbelief of my third child who laughed incessantly last night, saying that there is no way I will be able to blog. Too computer illiterate! I just have to prove him wrong, don't I ? Who says I am too old to learn new tricks??? When there is a will, there is a way! Moreover, I have Almighty God to back me up. He will strengthen me to do whatever He deems is good. No worries!Never fear, God is near!!!!

3 days ago, I read in the papers about a noodle-seller who was knocked down from behind by a lorry. She fell from her motorbike and was run over by a bus. Her head cracked and her brains spilled all over the road! Yucks!! I better put my brains to some good use before it is too late!

Last night I talked on the phone with my brother-in-law. Poor chap! He is scratching himself to death because of the 50 presents he had received from when on a mission trip to Nepal. I said they must like him so much that they gave him so many gifts! When I asked what kinds of present they were, he said "Scabies!" He had been to doctors who diagnosed his itching problem as scabies but only gave him some oral medication and some creams to apply on the itchy skin. But he is still scratching himself to death! My goodness! I wonder why no doctor gave him the following instructions to eradicate this very contagious skin disease. So I am sharing this so that if ever any one catches scabies, he will know exactly what to do and not have to suffer endlessly days of scratching till the skin is raw.

Scabies is causing by mites which are not visible to the naked eye. They live on the skin and actually feed on it. To effectively treat it, do the following:
1. Apply benzyl benzoae lotion all over your body, except your face ( mites so not live on the face, thank God!), and including the scalp.Do this once a day, for 3 consecutive days, after a shower.
2. Do no.1 for everyone living in your house, regardless of whether they have itchy skin or not, on the same days. The aim is complete eradication of the mites.
3. On the first day when you apply the benzyl benzoate lotion, wash all bedsheets, pillow cases, bolster cases, blankets in HOT WATER, to kill the mites.
4. Vacuum the whole house and throw away the vacuum cleaner bags after vacuuming and replace with new ones.
5. On the third day of applying the benzyl benzoate, wash all used bedsheets, pillow cases, bolster cases and blankets with HOT WATER again.


This is very tedious! I know because my family was infected with scabies many years and after months of itching, a kind doctor told us to do as described above. After that, we were completely cured! Praise God!

5 comments:

ja said...

haha...seems lik u proved me wrong....or did u get help from ur daughter?? haha..

Swee Lee Tan said...

Did it all by myself, with great encouragement from God!

Swee Lee Tan said...

Did it by myself with great encouragement from God! Thanks for the challenge. Am really enjoying this.

jw3rn said...

Haha, welcome to the blogosphere. =)

Swee Lee Tan said...

Wern, hope to read your comments often, yeah? It is fun so far. Hope I can keep it up and write daily. Keeps me profitably occupied!