Thursday 20 September 2007

Thorn in the flesh

I have a thorn in my flesh. I cannot yank it out. It is stuck!!! It is irritating and sometimes quite painful. It is not a thorn, literally. Sometimes you forget the thorn is there but every now and then it lets you know it is there.

This thorn is someone who is incisively critical. She lives in my home and though I try to be patient and to let her words go in through my left ear and out through my right ear, her words still affect me very much. How do you live with someone who is so demanding day after day? She is downright rude at times and is not grateful for the extra mile you go for her. What do I do when I get an over-dose of this? I go shopping!!! I pray to God that I will keep trying to love her with His love, to do things for her without expecting any word of thanks, to provide her with all she needs and not offend her in any way even if I am hurt by her. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!!!

No comments: