Wednesday 19 September 2007

TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES!

It is so easy to rush through life as though there is no more tomorrows and everything needs to be done right now! But I am sure God does not want me to live like this.

Life is precious ! Even if I do not know if tomorrow exists for me, I ought to live in the present moments and savour all the good things God has blessed me with. Sure chores still need to be done - children fetched to school, groceries to be bought from the supermarket, mother-in-law to be brought to the doctor's clinic, car to be brought to the workshop, etc (my goodness, I do spend almost a quarter of my life as a driver). But as I go about all activities, I want to slow down my pace and take time to "smell the roses" - to baby-talk to an infant, to smile to the cashier and ask how is her day, to tell my husband that I love him, to kiss my children goodbye when I drop them off at school, to have tea with my mum and chat about other family members, etc.

O the people I meet each day are the ones that I need to reach out and touch with God's love. Life becomes so much more meaningful this way. May I ever be the moon which reflects clearly the love of the SUN (our Almighty God)!

No comments: